What’s our Mission?
Our desire is to glorify God by connecting parents and their children through a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ. We seek to partner with parents in sowing seeds of God's truth into the heart of every child so that they will come to know, love, and serve Jesus Christ.
Each week we will provide you with what we call a Family Activity Guide. Take some time to play some crazy games and read the scripture with your children. We strive to partner with you, so you can lead your family spiritually. Please contact the church office if you have any questions.
GOD IS LOVE
Love is not something God does. Love is who God is. If you want to know who God is, you’ll have to learn about true love. If you want to understand what true love is, you’ll find that it points back to God. True love can only be found and understood and experienced through a relationship with God. Once we accept God’s love, He will teach us how to love like Him.
This week’s Bible story really isn’t a story at all. It’s really an illustration of the passage in 1 John 4 that explores the whole concept that this week is about—God is love.
Love is who God is.
SAY IT VERSE
1 John 4:8 NLT But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
Let’s Act it out! Get your siblings, some friends from school or the kids down the street and create an improv skit using these guidelines or points. Act it out for other family members and share this week’s point with everyone you know, Love is who God is!
- Love each other because love comes from God.
- Someone who refuses to love really doesn’t know the first thing about God.
- God is love, so you can’t know who God is if you don’t know love.
- The Father loves us so much that he sent Jesus to die to take away our sins and the damage sin caused in our relationship with him. Jesus is a representation of God’s love and how far he’s willing to go to show us love.
- We should love others because God loves; if we love others, then God is clearly honored and in charge!
- First God loved us, and now we can join in and love others, too.
- To love God is to love people—both go together.
- The one who says he loves God but then hates his brother is lying.
- Love is a powerful weapon that overpowers fear! In true love vs. fear, love always wins!
TALK IT OVER
1. What is a thing that you love?
2. Who is a person you love?
3. Is the love you have for people different from the love you have for things? What are some different kinds of love?
4. What are some ways that God has shown people in the Bible that He loves them?
(Rescuing them from bad situations like the Israelites from slavery, Daniel from the lion’s den, or some of the disciples from jail. Showing mercy and forgiveness to those who disobey Him like Jonah, Samson, or David. Generously blessing people like Abraham, Noah, or Esther. Sending Jesus to heal the sick, etc.)
5. What are some ways that God has shown you that He loves you?