Awakening Texoma to the Good News of Jesus Christ by creating community among those who are already believers!
If you attend the weekend worship service, you’re going to have the opportunity to worship God and learn something from His Word. But you’re probably not going to get to know too many people just sitting in chairs, and you’re really not going to be able to put feet to your faith. Likewise, if you’re only attending a service, you’re missing out on a ton of what God has for you. Church is so much more than a church service. If you want to get the most out of First Baptist and also give back, you need to get connected. And there are three great ways you can do that.
1. Serve - Mark 10:43-45
Volunteer teams are the heartbeat of our church. These action-oriented groups make things happen every single week. When you’re a part of a team, you play a vital role in creating environments where people can go from where they are to where God wants them to be. You’ll connect with a team leader who will care about you, pray for you, and lead you in serving others. There are quite a few places that you can serve.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW A COMPLETE LIST OF OUR VOLUNTEER MINISTRY TEAMS.
2. Discipleship Groups - Hebrews 10:24-25
We have Discipleship Groups for every age. They are a great place to make friends and study the Bible at the same time. These groups are the place where true community happens. contact a Staff Member if you would like more information. If you’re not sure what group is right for you, email email@example.com and we can help!
Here is a list of our Discipleship Groups:
Sunday Mornings at 9:30a:
- Adult Men’s Group | Room E103 | Teacher: Sammy Brown
- Adult Women’s Group | Room E105 | Teacher: Janie Hood
- Adults Group | Fellowship Hall | Teacher: Eddie Gossett
- Kindle Students (6th-12th Grades) | Youth Room | Teacher: Jenna Toland
- Rooted Kids (K-5th Grades) | Room E106 | Teacher: Rotation
- Nursery (Newborn-PreK) | Nursery | Joy Ivey
Sunday Nights from 5:00-7:00p: **taking a break for until after financial peace**
- Girls Bible Study (6-12 grades) | 1224 Carla Street in Denison | Meagan Hunter & Jenna Toland
- Guys Food & Fellowship (6-12 grades) | Parking Lot & Youth Room | Daniel Miers
Sunday Nights at 6:00p:
- Financial Peace University | Fellowship Hall | Genni Kelso
Sunday Nights at 7:30p:
- Financial Peace for Teens | Fellowship Hall | Genni Kelso
(Seasonal) Tuesday Nights (twice a month) at 6:30p:
- Adult Women's Group | Room E105 | Rotation
Wednesday Nights at 6:30p:
- Discussion Group | Fellowship Hall | Daniel Miers
- Kindle Students (6-12) | Youth Room | Jenna Toland
- Rooted Kids Ministry (K-5) | Kids Room | Kortney Crosby & Katryn Burton
- Little Ones (Newborn-PreK) | Nursery | Joy Ivey
*If you see here that there is not a group present that you would like to see, maybe you can let us help you start one of your own!
3. Special Events - 1 Corinthians 12:25-27
We value community here at First Baptist, and not just the community that you receive by being a part of this church but THE Church. One way that you can stretch yourself further in your faith is to attend any special events that we have in our community. Throughout the year, the Pottsboro Ministerial Alliance hosts several different events (Community Thanksgiving Service, Great Days of Service, National Day of Prayer, etc.) and then the community of Texoma hosts different prayer gatherings as well. We also want to encourage you to support our community and students through non-church events such as sports events, band/choir concerts, theater performances, service projects, community outreach events, etc. We want our presence and most importantly, God’s presence to be made known throughout Pottsboro and Texoma! To view any upcoming special events, visit our Website Calendar!